Monday 27 February 2012

You're As Cold As Ice... An Ice Maiden Styled Bridal Shoot

I am so excited to be sharing these AMAZING pictures on the blog with you today.  Not only do they look amazing but the suppliers involved really are the creme de la creme of the wedding world.  I love photoshoots like this, they let your imagination go wild. We don't know the story but we know it's about love and a decision must be made. So which girl will Mr Frost choose? I'll let you decide.  Laura, of Perfect Choice Planning, was the one to bring them all together.

"To build my reputation after setting up as an event and wedding planner last year, I have been organising styled shoots. This is so I can promote myself and my skills in organising and styling, which has worked out really well as people are now coming to me, asking me to organise and style photoshoots to launch their products."

"The theme of Ice Maiden was born from the love of Winter and the urge to create an edgy and different bridal inspiration shoot in the seasonal theme using some amazing suppliers. I wanted the shoot to have a haute couture sort of feel and be out-of-the-box but also still give brides-to-be the inspiration for their wedding. I think it worked perfectly!"




"The two photographers on the day were Neil Redfern Photography and Joanne Spencer Photography. They worked beautifully together, which resulted in the most amazing images that I could have hoped for – I won’t ever stop recommending them to my clients! The Monastery was our gracious host for the day and is one of the most breath-taking and stunning buildings that I have seen. It’s an absolute hidden gem and well worth a visit."

"All of the suppliers brought their own individual unique products and talents to the shoot. I gave them the brief and told them to be as creative as they wanted – and you can see the results! Laura Coleman Flowers did a superb job creating outstanding bouquets, buttonholes and a corsage that suited the theme perfectly. Laurel Weddings provided handmade headpieces and a brilliant choker that couldn’t have been more perfect for the shoot. More known for her floristry skills, it was great to be able to use her pieces in the shoot and help her advertise them."

Photo by Joanne Spencer



"The suits were provided by the wonderful Groom Hire, Manchester. They lent us three great (and complete) suits along with cuff links and a cravat pin, which looked great alongside the simply beautiful dresses and shoes provided by Pearl Bridal Boutique. Handmade wraps provided by Wrapor suited the photoshoot style and the dresses perfectly, showing off both the wraps and the dresses brilliantly. Finally, Harry Jon MUA worked tirelessly on the extravagant and creative hair and make-up, adding the perfect elements to the shoot."

Photo by Joanne Spencer

Photo by Joanne Spencer


Photo by Joanne Spencer


Photo by Joanne Spencer

"Of course, I can’t forget to mention the three fantastic models, who posed, pouted and literally fought their way through the day. Each one took the brief and brought their personality and flair to the photoshoot. The images are a wonderful reflection on the amazing talents of everyone who took part in the day."




"It was a great deal of fun but extremely tiring and hard work organising the day. With the amount of products and people who were involved, a running order was paramount to the day, but everything worked better than I could have hoped! Everyone was lovely and really adding something special to the photoshoot – I can honestly say, I’d do it all over again."

Photo by Joanne Spencer

Photo by Joanne Spencer
"I just want to take the opportunity to thank all the suppliers, models and helpers publicly for all their talents, products, time and help on the day. They made the day, I just organised it and put the styling together."


Photo by Joanne Spencer

Joanne Spencer Photography www.joanne-spencer.co.uk/
Neil Redfern Photography www.neilredfern.com/
Harry Jon MUA www.harryjonmua.co.uk/
Laurel Weddings www.laurelweddings.com/
Laura Coleman Flowers www.lauracolemanflowers.co.uk/
Groom Hire Manchester www.groomhire.co.uk/
Pearl Bridal Boutique www.pearlbridalboutique.co.uk/
Models: Leanne, Nikki and Mark
Venue - The Monastery, Manchester www.themonastery.co.uk/

Will love conquer all?

No comments:

Post a Comment