Tuesday 15 November 2011

To A Dear Friend...

8 years ago this week we lost one of our dearest friends.  At the age of 15 we thought our world had ended.  But life did go on and little did we know that our memories and the times we spent together were to influence every decision we made.  I remember when we used to star up at the sky making shapes out of the stars.  Now I look up at them and I know you're staring back at me.  Whenever I'm feeling low I look up to the stars for reassurance from you.  This year brought the start of the business, and who would have thought 8 years ago that at the age of 23 I would be running my own business.  I obviously can't say for sure, but I like to think you played a part in that.

It was a brief friendship but the fast year that we spent together is one I will always remember.  Your smile, your laugh and your ability to light up a room.  How 8 years have flown by.  We all went to to college, university and on to full time jobs and we often wonder what you would have ended up doing.  Life has changed a lot but our memories of you never will.

I'm not normally one for soppy stories but I just wanted to say thankyou.  You made me who I am today and for that I thankyou.  I thank you for the memories, for the fun times we shared and for the laughs we had.

RIP Rachael x

No comments:

Post a Comment